At times you might feel very sad about things you are going through. Sometimes you might just feel really fed up, though you can’t pinpoint any particular reason why you’re feeling this way.
This page helps you spot the signs of depression and figure out if it’s time to get some help.
What does feeling down and depressed feel like?
- You might feel really tired and have no energy.
- You might sleep a lot – or you may find it really difficult to sleep.
- You might ‘comfort’ eat just to make yourself feel better – or you may lose your appetite.
- You might feel hopeless, worthless and fed up all the time.
- You may not enjoy doing the things you usually like doing.
“The world is round, and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. “
– Ivy Baker Priest
When will I stop feeling down and depressed?
Usually these feelings will pass within a few days or weeks. If they don’t stop, but start to take over your life, and you aren’t doing things you used to enjoy doing, you may need to make some changes and get some extra support.