Who can help me?

When you’re not getting on with your family, it can really help to talk to someone or find more information online.

Who can help you locally

CCP (County Community Projects) offers family mediation, practical family support and help in a crisis if your family is breaking down .

You can get immediate help by visiting CCP at Cheltenham 1st Stop, 301-305 High Street, Cheltenham 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. You don’t need to book. Or call 01242 228 999.

Read more about who you can talk to in Gloucestershire:

Who you can talk to locally


Counselling gives you a safe and regular space to talk and explore your feelings. Sometimes it’s hard to talk about upsetting things but with professional help and support over a number of sessions, you should start to feel better.

TIC+ offer a family counselling service . Call the TIC+ office on 01594 546117 or you can message them from the TIC+ website and they will call you back.

See I need someone to talk to for lots more information about how you can talk to a counsellor in Gloucestershire.

Kids Health has advice on talking to your parents . Try the teen article Why do I fight with my parents so much?

If you are under 19 and are having family problems you can get confidential help from ChildLine. Call 0800 1111 anytime for free.

The Mix is the UK’s free, confidential and helpline service for young people under 25 who need help, but don’t know where to turn. Call 0808 808 4994 for free or chat live any day between 11am – 11pm.

The Hideout helps and supports children and young people going through domestic abuse .

Divorce and separation

DivorceAid has help and advice for children in divorce .

Teen Issues has advice on dealing with divorce and separation .

ChildLine explains divorce and separation .

The Mix explains what happens when parents divorce and how to deal with divorce .

“The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”

– Mark Twain