Take noticeShow sub-pages
Taking notice of how we’re feeling and the world around us can help us feel more positive and able to cope with life’s ups and downs.
Being more aware of what’s happening right now, our feelings and thoughts, our bodies and the world around us is often called ‘mindfulness’.
Being ‘mindful’ can improve your wellbeing and help you to realise what is important to you in your life. It can make you feel positive about life and help you approach challenges.
Some ways to be mindful:
- Be curious.
- Take notice of beautiful and unusual things.
- Notice when seasons change.
- Enjoy the moment, whether you are walking to school or college, eating lunch or talking to friends.
- Focus on how you’re feeling during normal activities like having a shower or washing the dishes.
- Sit quietly for a while and concentrate on your breathing.
- Don’t think about the future or past, just what’s happening now.
- Try meditating: try the Calm app or the Headspace meditation app.